Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Crock Pot Chicken Taco Soup

I'm doing well today, eating right and staying on plan. I thought I'd share a recipe I made for dinner tonight; it's low carb, healthy, and delicious! This is not my recipe; it came from Sandy's Kitchen, which is a really great recipe site I enjoy. If you want low carb or Medifast-friendly recipes, check out her site and click the Medifast Recipes tab. She has some good stuff there.

Crock Pot Chicken Taco Soup

Ingredients: 
2 cups reduced sodium chicken broth 
2 cups water (I think I will use a little less water next time, maybe 1 3/4 cups)
1 cup Rotel diced tomatoes with green chiles 
1 teaspoon taco seasoning 
1/2 teaspoon cumin 
1/4 teaspoon chili powder 
1 clove garlic, minced  
13-14 oz raw chicken breasts  (I used frozen ones, because they come out very moist in the crock pot)
2 cups cabbage, chopped 

Combine all of the above in the crock pot and cook on low for 6-8 hours. Mine was done in 5 hours. Remove the chicken breasts from the soup and shred the meat with 2 forks. Return it to the soup and stir.

No comments:

Post a Comment